Statutory Minimum Notice Periods24.06.2013
An employer must give at least:
• One week’s notice to an employee who has been employed for one month or more but less than 2 years.
• One week’s notice for each complete year of service for those employed for more than 2 years.
• Once an employee has more than 12 years service the notice period does not extend beyond 12 weeks.
National Minimum Wage (From October 2012)
16 – 17 £3.68
18 – 20 £4.98
Statutory Sick Pay (from April 2013)
£86.70 per week
Statutory Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Pay (basic rate) (from April 2013)
5.6 weeks for a full time employee. This can include bank and public holidays.
• 0.5 week’s pay for each full year of service when age is less than 22.
• 1 week’s pay for each full year of service where age during year is 22 or above, but less than 41.
• 1.5 week’s pay for each full year of service where age during year is 41and over.
Calculation is capped at 20 years. Maximum week’s pay is capped under the Statutory Scheme at £450.00