Employment quick reference section3.01.2018
Statutory minimum notice periods:
An employer must give at least:
- One week’s notice to an employee who has been employed for one month or more, but less than two years.
- One week’s notice for each complete year of service for those employed for more than two years.
- Once an employee has more than 12 year’s service the notice period does not extend beyond 12 weeks.
National Minimum Wage
|April 2017||April 2018|
Statutory Sick Pay (from April 2017)
Per week: £89.35
Proposed April 2018: £92.05
Statutory Shared Parental/Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Pay
(basic rate) (from April 2017) £140.98
Proposed April 2018: £145.18
5.6 weeks for a full time employee.
This can include bank and public holidays.
- 0.5 week’s pay for each full year of service when age is less than 22.
- 1 week’s pay for each full year of service where age during year is 22 or above, but less than 41.
- 1.5 week’s pay for each full year of service where age during year is 41 and over.
Calculation is capped at 20 years. Maximum week’s pay is capped for dismissals after 6th April 2017 under the Statutory Scheme at £489.00