Coronavirus COVID-19 Update 1, 23 March 2020, for individuals
The spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the UK means there are many fast- changing measures which will affect your life, employment and family. We have put together a list of some of the most reliable sources to help you to get the most up to date information.
If you need any urgent legal advice in relation to any of these new measures or wish to discuss personal decisions you need to urgently make, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team.
Some of the immediate questions people are asking include:
- I would like to update my Will or make a new one, can I still do that?
- We employ carers to look after elderly parents, what do we need to do to keep them all safe from the virus?
- We are just about to exchange contracts on our new house, will it still go ahead?
- My former spouse isn’t allowing me access to our children because of self-isolation, how can I still get to see them?
- We would like our parents to make a Lasting Power of Attorney, can we still do that now?
- My daughter was getting married this spring and this now can’t take place as planned, can we get our money back from the venue?
- My boss is refusing to pay me – how can I make sure I’m paid?
- I am due to attend a court hearing, will it still go ahead?
Other sources of advice can be found at:
Advice for employers and employees from ACAS
Government general advice for the public on the Coronavirus situation in the UK
World Health Organisation