One of the most complicated areas of law is that relating to motoring offences, most of which, on conviction, result in the endorsement of penalty points on your licence or immediate disqualification.
Additionally, should you accumulate 12 penalty points or more in any three year period, the law requires the court to disqualify you for a minimum of six months. If you are a probationary driver (having passed your test within the last two years) your licence would be revoked if you accumulate six penalty points.
With the ever increasing number of prosecutions for motoring offences and the devastating impact for most people of the loss of their licence, it is vital that you receive expert legal advice.
The complexity of the law also works to your advantage. With our expertise in this area, we may be able to save your licence by considering:
- Technical defences
- Evidential deficiencies
- Special reasons
- Exceptional hardship.
Free Telephone Advice
We will happily provide a free initial telephone consultation to see if we can make a difference in your case.
Thereafter we will charge a fixed fee for other services, for example:
- 30 minute face to face consultation - £75 plus VAT
- 30 minute consultation and preparation of letter to court - £150 plus VAT
- Case preparation and representation at one court hearing - from £400 plus VAT.
Should your case proceed to trial, we can provide estimates of our costs on a case by case basis. In such cases we would:
- Arrange for representation at trial by an expert barrister from London, for a fixed fee
- Ensure that, if acquitted, the court grants an order for your costs to be refunded out of Central Funds, subject to taxation.
Early Return Of Licence
Did you know that, if you have been disqualified for over 2 years, you can apply to the court for the early return of your licence?