- Position: Associate Solicitor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01622 689797
Peter is a highly experienced litigation solicitor who joined Gullands in April 2019. Peter has advised and represented clients in Kent, Sussex and the South East since 2000, principally as a Partner at Knights in Tunbridge Wells, in charge of Property Litigation and Professional Negligence, and at Brachers LLP, but also at Griffin Law. Prior to 2000, he was a Partner in a West End firm having been an Assistant Solicitor in the Litigation Department of Lawrence Graham in Lincoln’s Inn where he trained.
The focus of Peter’s practice is agricultural, commercial and residential property litigation, and includes Public Rights of Way. He has also advised and represented claimants and defendants in professional negligence claims, contractual, tortious, trust and corporate disputes. He has advised on defamation issues and has been involved in internet, electoral and judicial review proceedings. Peter has advised private individuals, partnerships, private and public companies and institutions from a number of industry sectors, including property owners, beneficial owners, investors, landlords, tenants and occupiers.
Peter has worked with a number of barristers many of whom have become leading judges. While in Kent, Peter has received mentions in the Legal 500 for Agricultural and Rural Affairs and Professional Negligence and has been named a Leader in the Field of Real Estate Litigation in Chambers Directory.
Areas of practice – Property Litigation, Public Rights of Way, Contractual, Tortious and Trust Disputes
- Dispute avoidance
- Dispute resolution
- Representation in litigation and mediation
A selection of reported cases
- East Sussex County Council (Public Bridleway East Chiltington 45a and 45b) Definitive Map Modification Order 2011 FPS/G1440/7/28 Decision 9 October 2013 with Miss Ross Crail –represented landowners and defeated an application to upgrade a footpath to a bridleway
- Baxendale Walker v Middleton and Others  EWHC 998 (QB) – conspiracy, striking out
- Stacy v Player  EWCA Civ 241 – a partnership dispute
- Mr and Mrs Spicer and others v Bellnorth Limited LVT/SC014/023 & 24 & SCC014/010/98 with Mr Paul Morgan QC and Mr Anthony Tanney – a service charge dispute in a listed 197 flat block
- Roux Restaurants Limited v Jaison Property Development Co Limited (1997) 74 P.& C.R. 357 with Mr John Furber QC – permission to assign commercial lease/collateral advantage/damages
- Commission for the New Towns v Chesterfield Properties plc  2 EGLR 123 with Mr David Neuberger QC – interpretation of a rent review provision
- Shelley v United Artists Corporation (1990) 59 P.&C.R34 with Mr Michael Briggs – issues relating to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- R v Greenwich BC Ex P. Cedar Transport Group Divisional Court –  R.A.173 – attempt to quash business rates by Judicial Review
- Legal and General Assurance Society Limited v Rosterhope Limited Court of Appeal 1980 L No. 2519 with Mr Kim Lewison – commercial landlord and tenant issues/summary judgment
Peter is member of the Property Litigation Association and Agricultural Law Association