- Position: Associate Solicitor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01622 689772
Michelle Pibworth is an associate solicitor in Gullands’ established Criminal Law Department.
Michelle has worked in criminal defence since 2009, and during this time has represented defendants facing a variety of charges ranging from violence, drug and sexual offences, to theft, criminal damage and road traffic offences (such as drink driving and causing death by careless driving).
She is an experienced Magistrates’ Court advocate and police station representative, as well as being a thorough and diligent caseworker (having spent several years litigating Crown Court matters).
Michelle consistently receives positive feedback from her clients, who have praised her for being ‘very supportive’, ‘keeping me updated throughout the case’, ‘acting in a professional manner that I could not fault’ and for ‘helping me deal with a really bad situation in my life and feel positive about it’.
She has also been commended for her ‘care and attention to detail’ and ‘expertise in handling my case’.
‘It’s very rare, I think, to find a brief that cares about people as you do’.
‘Thank you for your kindness and understanding towards me and for the hard work that you put into my case’.
‘Thank you for everything. You brought us peace of mind when we needed it’.
‘I truly am very grateful, you’re great at what you do. A huge thank you’.
‘Thank you Michelle for all you have done for me, you’re a star’.
‘Thank you for all you have done, you have been very helpful and made all this a bit easier for me, keeping me up to date on everything. I really appreciate it’.
‘Supportive throughout the police interviews and assisting me with my case, she has helped constantly with liaising with my family and myself and has gone above and beyond regarding the case. I feel very honoured with having such a talented solicitor’.
‘Thank you. You’ve been amazing’.
‘We’re over the moon… Thanks again to you for all you have done’.
‘I was pleased to have you in my corner’.
The following are examples of cases that Michelle has undertaken:
- Successfully persuaded the CPS to take over and discontinue the RSPCA prosecution of a vulnerable man accused of neglecting his elderly dog
- Successfully opposed a Football Banning Order, allowing a passionate football fan to continue supporting his team, both home and away
- Assisted in persuading the CPS to offer no evidence in the case of a man wrongly accused of kidnap after highlighting discrepancies in the evidence of the alleged victim prior to trial
- Effectively persuaded the CPS to offer no evidence against a man accused of sexual indecency by collating medical evidence to corroborate his legitimate explanation
- Secured the acquittal of a man accused of drug dealing by painstakingly reviewing over 10,000 pages of telephone download evidence
- Obtained expert evidence which contradicted the prosecution’s version of events, securing the acquittal of a man of good character who had been accused of glassing a woman in a bar
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Michelle is Criminal Litigation Accredited and a fully qualified duty solicitor.
August 2009 – November 2016
Robin Murray and Co, Chatham, Kent (merged with Tuckers Solicitors in 2013)
- Duty solicitor with over 7 years PQE.
- Accredited Police Station representative.