- Position: Chartered Legal Executive
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01622 689736
Jonathan is a Chartered Legal Executive Lawyer and qualified in 2006 and works within the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team. Jonathan’s line Manager is Leroy Bradley.
Jonathan moved into private practice in 2001 after spending a career in the travel industry. This included specialising in holiday, and travel related claims and which included working in-house for major tour-operators such as Cosmos and Kuoni holidays. Time was spent overseas in Florida setting up supplier contracts and dealing with disputes involving large and small hotel chains.
When Jonathan moved into private practice in 2001, besides assisting on two large child sex abuse cases and assisting in the Family Law department for two years, he moved into litigation and dispute resolution. A few years on, Jonathan became the Legal Aid franchise supervisor for both the debt and housing contracts and practiced employment law. In addition to now specialising in general Civil Litigation, which includes a wide spectrum of disputes, he has also undertaken Judicial Shadowing (to sit with a Judge on the bench) and occasionally undertakes pro-bono work with the South West London Law Centre where in 2014 he won the LLST Champion Justice Award for Pro-bono work.
General Practice area is Civil Litigation but extensive experience in:
- Social and Private Residential Landlord and Tenant
- Contract and property disputes
- Consumer disputes to include holiday/travel related disputes
- Contentious Probate
- Individual debt and insolvency disputes
- Debt recovery, acting for either the debtor or creditor
- Employment Law
Recent projects/Conduct of Reported Cases:
- Saunders v OCS Ltd (EAT) Nil award of damages flawed
- Saunders v OCS Ltd (CA) Negligent Employment Reference
- Conway v Community Options (EAT) Case strike out by ET
- Setting aside default judgment and obtaining a costs order against a large financial organisation
- Successfully setting aside a property conveyancing transaction (sale) on the grounds of fraudulent misrepresentation/unconscionable bargain (Deadman v Singh).
Qualifications / Education
- Business Studies & Law
- Fellow/Admittance to the Roll of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (2006)
In his spare time Jonathan runs, plays tennis, and is a keen SCUBA diver being of a PADI Divemaster rating and enjoys wreck diving on the South Coast of England.