Position: Chartered Legal Executive
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01622 689736
Jonathan is a Chartered Legal Executive and qualified in 2006.
Jonathan moved into private practice in 2001 after spending a career in the travel industry which included specialising in holiday and travel related claims and which included working in-house for major tour-operators such as Cosmos and Kuoni holidays. This included spending time overseas in Florida setting up supplier contracts and dealing with disputes involving large and small hotel chains.
When Jonathan moved into private practice in 2001 besides assisting in two large child sex abuse cases where damages were awarded he worked primarily a few years later as the Legal Aid franchise supervisor for the debt and housing contracts and practiced employment law. In addition to now specialising in general Civil Litigation which includes a wide spectrum of disputes he has had the opportunity to undertake Judicial Shadowing (to sit with a Judge on the bench) and occasionally undertakes pro-bono work with the South West London Law Centre where in 2014 he won the LLST Champion Justice Award for Pro-bono work.
General Practice area is Civil Litigation but specialising in:
- Social and Private Residential Landlord and Tenant
- Contract and property disputes
- Consumer disputes to include holiday/travel related disputes
- Individual debt and insolvency disputes
- Debt recovery
- Employment Law
Recent projects/Conduct of Reported Cases:
- Saunders v OCS Ltd (EAT) Nil award of damages flawed
- Saunders v OCS Ltd (CA) Negligent Employment Reference
- Conway v Community Options (EAT) Case strike out by ET
- Setting aside default judgment and obtaining a costs order against a large financial organisation
- Successfully setting aside a property conveyancing transaction on the grounds of fraudulent misrepresentation/unconscionable bargain
Qualifications / Education
- Business Studies & Law
- Fellow/Admittance to the roll of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (2006)
In his spare time Jonathan runs, plays tennis and is a keen SCUBA diver being of a PADI Divemaster rating and enjoys wreck diving on the South Coast of England.