- Position: Managing Partner
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01622 689740
John Roberts is head of Gullands’ established Criminal and Regulatory Law Department.
John has practised in the field of criminal litigation since 1992 and has vast experience in representing defendants in a wide range of cases ranging from road traffic matters through to murders and white-collar crime.
As well as defending cases brought by the Police and Crown Prosecution Service, John also defends clients in prosecutions brought by other agencies such as HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), Environment Agency (EA), Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Borough and City Councils.
John also regularly represents professionals called before their regulatory bodies in relation to complaints and misconduct allegations.
John has been recognised for giving “clients the utmost confidence” in The Legal 500 2015.
The following are examples of projects undertaken:
- Cases brought by the Fraud Prosecution Service including large scale corruption and fraud in London Borough Councils and multi-million pound mortgage frauds.
- One of the largest fraud cases ever brought by the then Department for Trade and Industry (DTI).
- A defendant alleged to have defrauded a major bank to the sum of £2,000,000.
- Attempted murder of a Police Officer.
- Large-scale VAT fraud.
- Rape, drugs, firearms and serious violence.
- Preventing closure of care home in action brought by CQC.
- Representing property management company in proceedings under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and associated EU law.
- Representing company director in case of Asbestos release at a school.
- Representing escalator maintenance company following serious injury caused by missing step.
- Representing companies in HSE prosecutions involving falls from height and serious injuries from accidents involving dangerous machinery.
Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- Representation of professionals including dentists, chiropractors, psychiatrists, counsellors and psychologists before their professional bodies.