- Position: Partner
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01474 886910 or 01622 689780
David Brown Biography
David Brown is a solicitor and Partner at Gullands Solicitors and he heads the Construction and Arbitration Department, working with clients across Kent. David has a wide range of experience of contentious and non-contentious construction work. He acts for local authorities, developers, main contractors, sub-contractors, construction professionals and their professional indemnity insurers. David also undertakes insolvency and property related litigation.
David has been recognised for his work in the 2016 edition of The Legal 500 and has achieved a Band 2 ranking in the 2017 Chambers & Partners legal directory. David has recently been invited to talk at RICS CPD events.
Current Professional Activities:
- Member of Technology & Construction Solicitors Association(TeCSA)
- Society of Construction Law (SCL)
- RIBA appointed Conduct Panel member
The following are examples of projects undertaken:
- Advising on a bespoke project contract for a big development in Kings Cross with a value of £1.02 million.
- Advising clients on building contracts and contractors warranties.
- Acting for a developer client in the defence of adjudication claim against them in the sum of approx. £287,000.
- Advising upon a Development Agreement, Deed of Variation, and a JCT building contract worth £1.8 million.
- Acting for a groundworks subcontractor in successful arbitration involving repudiation and final account issues
- Acting on behalf of numerous employers, contractors and subcontractors in contested final account disputes
- Acting for a Lloyds syndicate professional indemnity insurer and their insured architects, surveyors and accountants
- Negotiating NEC 3 Contract and Sub-Contract for asbestos tunnel works £4m
- Negotiating £4m building contract for construction of a new centre for a charity and work relating to connected land sale agreement