Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01622 689792
Andrew Miller is a practising solicitor. He was formerly a partner in Gullands of Maidstone, Kent and he continues to be employed by that firm as a part-time consultant. Prior to his retirement from the partnership he was head of the firm's Private Client Department.
Andrew has wide experience in drawing up Wills, including those involving complex issues or tax considerations, and in the creation and administration and management of Trusts. He also advises on the tax consequences relating to lifetime gifts.
Current Professional Activities
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Negotiations with H.M.Revenue & Customs on a successful claim for inheritance tax agricultural property relief on a substantial farmhouse.
- Restructuring of two inter-related family trusts to ensure that the ultimate destination of the trust funds complied with the family’s wishes.
- Setting up new family trusts by way of lifetime gifts to maximise the use of the available inheritance tax allowances without incurring a capital gains tax charge.
- Setting up family trusts to protect assets from potential third party claims.
- Drafting wills to make maximum use of available inheritance tax agricultural or business property reliefs.